I spent nearly 40 years working in the publishing/media industry. While I retired from my full-time leadership role about 18 months ago, I still do a lot of consulting for and speaking to publishing industry executives. During these challenging days for all of us, I have been compiling links to articles, blogs and other resources that I hope are helpful to leaders in a variety of industries and not-for-profit sectors. But, I have been especially attentive to compiling links for my many friends in the publishing and media industries. While there may be some things here of interest to those of you who don't work in this arena, this particular blog is primarily for those who do.
- Publishing Perspectives article re: ways US & UK publishers are responding to this crisis.
- Book promotion ideas from Fauzia Burke, especially for authors
- Free webinar “How to Sell Books When the World Shuts Down” by Rob Eagar
- A blog post by Jane Friedman with things other publishers & booksellers are offering to generate good will and, in some cases, revenue. And, another blog post on the early effects of the coronavirus, also by Jane Friedman.
- Bookseller article on virtual book launches in the UK
- NYT article “Curbside Pickup. Bicycle Deliveries.Virtual Book Discussions. Amid Virus, Bookstores Get Creative”
- The Bookseller article “Amazon Suspends Third-Party Seller Book Shipments to Warehouses”
- PW article “How Kids’ Lit is Responding to the Coronavirus”
- Ad Age article “How Amazon Sellers Can Adjust to the E-Commerce Crush from Coronoavirus”
- Article by Tim Grahl “Book Marketing During COVID-19”
- Article by Tim Grahl “Social Distancing: The Perfect Time for Digital Outreach”
- PW article on offers from various publishers
- Publishing Perspectives article re: online education resources
- PW article “Children’s Books and Games on the Rise During COVID-19”
- Publishing Perspectives Open letter to big retailers
- PW article on build your own care packages
- The Guardian article on an uptick in manuscript submissions to publishers
- PW article (updated frequently) with news of creative marketing by publishers
Beth A. Lewis
© Getting2Transformation 2020